I recently obtained the Professional Scrum Master certification (PSM I) issued by scrum.org. In order to do it I had avantage since I received official training but anyway I think is doable without it, some tips:
- There’s no Sprint 0. Also no hardening Sprint, integration Sprint, release Sprint, planning Sprint, etc. All Sprints are the same.
- Only the Development Team are required to participate in the Daily Scrums.
- There’s always only one Product Backlog and one Product Owner, no matter how many teams are working on the project.
- There are no roles other than those three standard ones, and none of them manage the rest, development teams self organize.
With this input a lot of questions that may appear in the test can be answered much more easily. Apart for the tips, the preparation shoul be:
- Read the scrum guide
- Read books such as - Scrum and Xp From the trenches, Kanban & Scrum
- Work with SCRUM framework in your current employment (if possible)
- Do Scrum Open assessment several times and takes notes of the erros, don’t stop until you get 100% always
- Read the agile manifesto
During the exam, use the bookmarks to mark the questions you have some doubts and go through them in a second iteration (hahaha the scrum way!)